About Sergeant Goodding and Marine Captain Contreras
Individual scholarships will be available in the amount of $2000.00 for residents of Sherwood, Oregon, with financial need, who display academic achievement, a commitment to serving others, a strong work ethic and leadership qualities that both men had always shown.
Applicants Must Be:
- Graduates from Sherwood High School, who attended at least three years at Sherwood.
- Pursuing a post high school education at an accredited college or university, community college or trade school.
Applicants should demonstrate academic achievement:
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED USING THE APPLICATION FORM BY FRIDAY, MAY 5th, 2023.
Applicants will be notified of decisions at the Sherwood High School Honors dessert in June. Scholarship recipients will be selected based upon leadership, community involvement, the content of your essay, and financial need.
- Current transcript (through this past semester) detailing your classes and current GPA.
- Completion of the attached application form.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, administrators, counselors, employers, church leaders or others
- A double spaced typed essay not to be more than 2 pages in length addressing the following prompt:
“We aim to provide compassionate assistance to members of our communities in times of crisis and need. We will also empower youth with opportunities for personal growth and to create a meaningful impact.”
We want you to dream big and our goal is to provide tools and assistance to allow you to succeed. Good Luck.
How To Download Application?
Ready to download your application? Below are two different options to download the applications. You can submit the application in either .pdf or .doc form, which ever is easier for you to use. Once downloaded, please follow the directions below on how to submit your application.
How To Submit Application?
To submit your application, you will need to create a single PDF file and email the file to the Foundation at email@example.com, no hard copy applications will be accepted this year. Consideration will only be given to those that follow the submission requests and provide packets that are complete both in the items required an in the formatting requested.